ARVAL REAFFIRMS ITS POSITION AS LEADER IN SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY WITH THE PUBLICATION OF ITS 2020 CSR REPORT
Arval, a global leader in full-service vehicle leasing and sustainable mobility solutions, presents the 2020 edition of its annual CSR report in the frame of the new Arval Beyond strategy.
The climate emergency along with the Covid-19 pandemic have been key matters for companies all around the world during the past year and will continue to be of great importance in the upcoming years. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) addresses these concerns. Therefore, a strong CSR policy is more relevant now than ever. Thanks to its new strategy Arval Beyond, the company is ready to tackle these challenges.
Arval believes to be in the right position to be part of the solution and drive positive change with a new purpose: Sustainable Mobility. The Platinum Medal awarded in 2021 by EcoVadis, the most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings, confirms Arval’s commitment and credibility in the process of building a more sustainable and balanced world.
This enhanced approach, embedded at the very core of Arval’s business, is reflected in its 2020 CSR report. Arval’s CSR strategy is structured into 4 pillars: Economy, People, Community and Environment. Arval was the first full-service leasing company to sign the United Nations Global Compact in 2004 and continues to engage in creating a fairer world by aligning each of the four pillars with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
As part of the CSR strategy and amongst other KPIs closely followed-up, Arval wants to reach ambitious targets by the end of its strategic plan in 2025:
- Regarding the Economy: 100% of its countries to offer sustainable mobility solutions
- Regarding the Environment: 500,000 electrified vehicles (electric, hybrid and hydrogen) in Arval’s leased fleet; 0g of CO2 emissions by reducing and fully offsetting all the residual CO2 emissions of Arval’s own operations; 30% reduction of CO2 emissions on total leased fleet vs. 2020
- Regarding the Community: 30,000 volunteering hours accomplished by Arval employees
- Regarding its People: 40% of women in all Arval Executive Committees around the world
Amongst the actions Arval took in 2020 within its CSR strategy are:
- promoting sustainable mobility through alternative offers (Mobility app, e-bikes, car sharing) and CSR clauses integrated into all new contracts
- accelerating the transition to low-carbon mobility, reducing its environmental impact, raising awareness and sharing the best environmental practices through the SMaRT (Sustainable Mobility and Responsibility Targets) approach
- promoting responsible employment management, dynamic careers, diversity and inclusion with programs such as “Women in Action” (25% of women in Senior Manager positions)
“Everyone at Arval has a role to play to help our business make a positive impact. We embrace this transformation by continuing to act from this very year, 2021, up to 2025, and beyond. I am happy to see our ambitions, commitment and concrete actions embedded in this new Arval CSR Report” declares Alain van Groenendael, Arval Chairman and CEO.